Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Couple of Train Pictures

On my way back to school I caught this train on the NS Main just east of Raymond, IL (Montgomery County) lead by NS 7518 (ES40DC) and a leaser.
My next train excursion took me to Centralia, IL (Marion County). I went down there during a low in the white bass run in Carlyle, IL. My first order of business when I got down there was to look at the signals, which were lined up for a west bound NS train. Since I couldn't hear it coming I went over to the BNSF yard and caught a loaded coal train (BNSF 9927 SD70MAC) waiting to go west next to the Centralia Switcher (BNSF 1976 SD40-2).
After going to the BNSF yard I went on down to the CN (ex. IC) yard to see if anything was sitting out, sure enough several of the engines that CN bought of BNSF were sitting around the old turntable. Some in new paint and some in old ATSF paint with CN painted on the side. CN 2109 and CN 4929.
After that the NS train came through town lead by NS 8432 (C40-8W) and a catfish.

That is all
Matt M.

No comments:

Post a Comment